Our lightest Z-Pole ideal for fast-packers, endurance runners and adventure athletes, the Distance Carbon is the ultimate in folding-pole performance.
Black Diamond’s Distance Carbon Z is ideal for the fastpacking adventurers of the world who go far, fast. With 100% carbon construction, the Carbon Z weighs a paltry 9 ounces and features a three-section foldable design that allows for fast-response deployment, so you’ll never miss out on an FKT because you’re fiddling with your poles. Non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and a lightweight, EVA foam grip round out this pole as a lightweight detail-driven pillar in pole tech.
- Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable design with speed-cone deployment
- 100% carbon fiber construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
Z-Pole Rapid Deployment System
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from our expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.
Series : Distance
Weight Per Pair : [100 cm] 280 g (9 oz) [110 cm] 285 g (9 oz) [120 cm] 290 g (10 oz) [130 cm] 295 g (10 oz)
Usable Length : [100 cm] 100 cm (39 in)[110 cm] 110 cm (43 in)
[120 cm] 120 cm (47 in)
[130 cm] 130 cm (51 in)
Collapsed Length : [100 cm] 33 cm (13 in)[110 cm] 37 cm (14 in)
[120 cm] 40 cm (16 in)
[130 cm] 43 cm (17 in)