Click Up Plus Climbing Technology
This is what makes the new CLICK UP really ‘+’:
- more effective in paying out rope, a process that is now quick and smooth (Fig. 3), thanks to the new geometry of the body and to a new carabiner holding layout (patent pending);
- more comfortable for top-rope belays, especially when used with indoor climbing ropes, thanks to the new geometry of the side plates;
- even safer, thanks to the V-Proof System (patent pending) that reduces the chance of error due to incorrect handling of the rope while braking (Fig. 1-2);
- more ergonomic, thanks to the new shape of the outer body.
Like the previous model:
- it allows the belayer to arrest a fall simply holding the free end of the rope with the braking hand;
- it allows the belayer to lower the partner off by applying a slight pressure over the device, while keeping under tension the free end of the rope with the braking hand;
- it ensures effective belaying even if the rope is incorrectly installed in the device (the strands of the rope are inverted) thanks to specific V-shaped, tapered, friction notches (Fig. 4).
When belaying, some processes are critical (like taking-in and paying-out rope to the leader, or taking-in slack during top-roping) and, in the event of a fall, require the V-shaped angle of separation between the two sections of the rope to be maintained. A reduction in the value of this angle can affect the proper functioning of the device when locking the rope.
The V-Proof System, featured on CLICK UP +, reduces the chance of error due to an incorrect reduction of the V-angle between the two strands of the rope.
It consists of a mobile partition that facilitates the activation of the assisted-braking system. If during the fall of the climber the hand side of the rope comes into contact with the partition (Fig. 1), this pressure contributes to the rotation of the device and to the consequent locking on the rope (Fig. 2).
Caution: read carefully the device instructions before use.
CLICK UP + is supplied and must be used together with the specific HMS carabiner CONCEPT SGL HC, with wear-resistant anodizing and ACL system that prevents the possibility of minor-axis cross-loading.
MADE IN ITALY